Apologies for this post being so long after the last one.
We had a lovely couple of days in Hobart. After looking at the house on Thursday, we spent Friday looking at some other houses I had in my “Saved Properties” on realestate.com.au

Nothing came anywhere near the quality of the one we have chosen. We looked at a few that were a lot cheaper than “our” one, but they all needed a fair bit of work, which meant with the added expense, they would be close to what we bought.

On Friday, we went and had a look at the block of land and were surprised to see that NOTHING had been done across the entire stage that we bought in. Obviously, everybody is having the same issues with council, planners and builders in getting anything done. Seeing this certainly made us feel that we have made the right decision.

On Saturday we decided on a “tourist” day and caught the bus to Bellerive and then the ferry to Hobart and wandered around Salamanca Market. The ferry is great and it is good to know it has been a success and looks like it is here to stay. There are plans to expand the service to include a lot more stops up and down the Derwent River.
As we were flying out the next day, we decided on dinner at the hotel. I did a load of washing in the guest laundry ( nothing to do when I got home) and we had a quiet night, packing and watching TV.

Monday morning we checked out, drove the car back to the drop off and were at the airport ready for our 12:30 flight. I was not able to get us seats on a direct flight to Brisbane, so we had to fly Hobart to Melbourne, then a connecting flight from Melbourne to Brisbane.

The airport was VERY busy with 5 flights all departing within 10-15 minutes of each other. It was also drizzly rain, so everything slowed down a bit. We ended up leaving 20 minutes late, but the pilot assured us he should be able to make up some time. I was pleased to hear that as we only had just over an hour between our expected arrival time and the departure of our connecting flight.

We asked the flight steward if he could find out what gate we would arrive at and which gate we were leaving from. Luckily we were only two gates across, so we did not need to rush too much at all.

The Melb-Bris flight was uneventful and we arrived, got the shuttle bus to the car park and set off home. We had a good run and arrived home around 8:00pm.

The next few days were a blur of busy work and waiting for all the contracts to turn unconditional.
Everything is now good to go and we settle on the land on the 24th of May and then the house on the 31st.
Exciting times indeed.

In the next post, you will see lots of photos of the new house 🙂